Blizzard has yet to officially release release much about the Titan timeline, however this is what is currently, publicly known (or widely believed).
- Fans notice job postings on the Blizzard website for a “Next-Gen MMO” project.
- As the news spreads, so too does the Internet based hype of a next-gen expansion to World of Warcraft
- Blizzard community manager Drysc swiftly refutes the rumors. "No, it is an unannounced Next-Gen MMO. And that doesn’t mean an expansion for World of Warcraft either."
- With Titan confirmed as not being a WoW followup, Internet speculation began to swirl around the idea it could be a StarCraft MMO.
- Blizzard CM Zarhym confirms Titan is not based on StarCraft either and is in fact a new franchise. "We have nothing to advertise for the new MMO because it’s a shell of a game thus far. We’ve already stated it’ll be a brand new franchise...developed entirely from scratch."
- The genre and focus of the game is still a matter of debate. Jeff Kaplan, long-time WoW designer and team member of the Titan project, when asked by MTV if would be "sci-fi, near-future, post-apocalyptic or historical," describes its genre as "All of the above."
- Blizzard executives, in an interview, reiterate that Titan is not a WoW sequel also adding that it will be a "social" game. There will be a strong emphasis on allowing players to make new friends in game.
- Blizzard begins talking a bit more openly about their working on Titan with the intention of attracting more talent to the Titan project. Still no details of substance are released about the MMO's content.
- In the early Winter, Blizzard's product slate is leaked via their Chinese division.
- Doing a bit of damage control in interviwe with Gamasutra, Blizzard COO Paul Sams reveals developers are "playing it already."
- Blizzard confirms Titan is not a "WoW killer" and their intention for the two to coexist.
- Fans hopes of more details are dashed as it's announced that Titan will not be featured at Blizzcon 2011.
- Blizzard announces a significant round of layoffs, but continues hiring for the Titan project.
- TotalTitan.com's Titan timeline as of 3/12
- BlizzMMO.com's sum-up of Titan as of March 2012
- MTV asks Kaplan about Titan
- Ars Technica on Mike Morhaime, and executives', Titan teasers
- GameSpot reveals Titan's target audience
- Blizard's China GM fired over timeline leak
- Gamasutra interview with Blizzard COO
- G4TV: Titan to coexist with WoW
- IGN on Titan
- Titan to be casual friendly
- Computerandvideogames.com: Blizard admits Titan is next gen MMO